Here are answers to questions frequently asked about coaching and others specific to my coaching practice. Click the plus(+) to open the accordion style list and the minus(-) to close it.
- the counselor is the expert in the relationship
- the counselor's work tends to focus on the client's past or present
- the client is typically viewed as broken or wounded and in need of being "fixed"
- the consultant is the expert in the relationship
- the consultant is typically hired to "fix" something in the client's life or business by applying his or her specific expertise
- the mentor is the expert in the relationship
- the mentor typically shared wisdom from his or her life experiences as a primary way of teaching the mentee
- the client is the expert, the coach is an informed peer
- the coach does not give answers; rather, he or she draws out the client's own expertise, wisdom and insight to point the way forward
- the coach's work typically focuses on the client's present and future, not their past
- the coach does not view the client as broken or in need of fixing; rather, the coaching is about taking the client's life to the next level
In an organizational or group setting, the objectives are quite similar to one-on-one coaching, but the skill set and approach are different. Rather than an exclusive service to one person, the coach's focus shifts from the individual to the team itself. In essence, the "team" becomes the client, and a coach brings all of their training and expertise to bear in service of that team's unique needs, goals, culture, and purpose. In group coaching, the work is designed to optimize the organizational system through transforming the culture. Old habits, norms, and perspectives are challenged. New beliefs and agreements along with new ways of being and doing business are established, not by the coach per se, but by the team itself. This level of creative commitment and ownership by the team ensures that the changes, even difficult one, remain long after the coach is gone.
My rates are per session or bundled in packages for multiple sessions based on specific needs. I offer an exclusive email coaching option, as well. See Services and let me know if you have additional questions about my fees. Service is what you pay for but value and results are what you will get.
- The synergy between coach and client creates momentum. (This is why I require an introductory session first to see if we are a match for each other. It won’t work if we are not.)
- Better goals are set — ones that naturally pull clients toward their goal and not goals that require them to push themselves to the goal.
- Clients develop new skills, and these skills translate into deeper peace and a more fulfilling life.
I accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through PayPal. Checks can be mailed to me. Please allow seven (7) business days for processing. Sessions do not begin until payments have been cleared.